Assuming your old Pligg or Kliqqi CMS was installed as mydomain.com/CMS/
And you uncompressed the Kliqqi 3.5.0 files to mydomain.com/new-cms/
At the end of the upgrade from Pligg or Kliqqi to Kliqqi 3.5.0, you get some additional instructions to follow, based on certain settings we detect in your config table and some modules.
- Check the Links module because we added few settings to it YOU HAVE TO GO TO ITS SETTINGS AND SELECT THE NEW OPTIONS THAT YOU WANT; OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT WORK UNTIL YOU DO SO!
- We noticed you have the UPLOAD module installed. You have to copy the files from the old Pligg folder (CMS), in /modules/upload/attachments to the same folder in the new Kliqqi (new-cms) in /modules/upload/attachments
- FAILED to rename the folder mydomain.com/CMS/ to mydomain.com/CMS-original. The browser or any other application is using one of its files! You have to manually rename it as indicated in the beginning of the warning!
- you have to manually rename the current folder from mydomain.com/new-cms/ to mydomain.com/CMS/
- Allow users to change language is set to “1” in your config table. You must rename the language file that you allow users to use. Example: if you allowed Italian language, then you rename /languages/lang_italian.conf.default to /languages/lang_italian.conf
- Require users to validate their email address is set to “true” in your config table. You must enter the email you are using for your site in the language file in /languages/ and enter it as the value for KLIQQI_PassEmail_From.
This means you change the value of the email in the Dashboard -> Installed Modules -> Modify Language. Use the filter box and enter @ then change the value to the email you are using for your site.
- We detected that SEO Method 2 is used. You must rename htaccess.default to .htaccess. if you are using Windows, you can rename the file by opening the command line to the root folder and type the following and press enter:
rename htaccess.default .htaccess
If you don’t follow and execute the above instructions, your site won’t work!